Nov 23, 2007

-- Stranger --

Yesterday, as my work, I drove to The Mall for checking one of my counters. After finishing my job, I found my car parking in the corner blocked inside by another car in front of mine. I’ve tried to push it away. Unfortunately, the space is too narrow to pass that. So I just didn’t know what to do. Waiting and waiting for someone to help me get out of there.

Huh ! there’s one little security guard at the age of around 18-19 walking to my car. And he helped me by pushing that car in the opposite way, then I stepped down from my car and helped him push it. Suddenly he said one word to me, and I will never forget his word

“It’s ok, please do not help me, because your hand will be dirty”
It’s shocked and very impressive for what we have said to me.

I was stunned and said nothing but thank you to that good man and helped him push the car anyway.
But the point is !! ... It made me realize that ....
How many people will cares about stranger… the one that we’ve never known before ?


Have we ever noticed ? Everyday we meet many people’s faces, but how many faces that we know and don’t ? In this tiny little world, most of our time will be spent for ourselves, our family, our friends, bla bla bla. But how about strangers around us ? Sometimes we do not even smile or helps other people just because we don’t know them, or because they did nothing that is benefitial to us, or we just think that it's their job to provide the best service for us.

May I ask you some questions ?

What if ?
- In the morning, your car is hit by others, and your car color is just scratched that can’t even see. what would happen ? After calling some guy from insurance company, you walk straight to his car and say something bad to him, scold at him saying “Why didn’t you drive more carefully ? Don’t you see, today I have a very important meeting, and I missed it ! !!@#&$(#)$*&($*_#$*#)($*#$()” Afterward, you blame everything, every strangers around you that caused that accident. What if that man is your son, will you do that to him ?

- I just wonder that people, who live on the top of the hill or any mountain that
takes more than 2 hours to reach the ground by car, will have car accident at the same color scratched as in Bangkok, will they call the insurance for inspecting ? or they just leave and say sorry to each other.

Let’s think ! we just care about the people who is related directly to us. Most of us will automatically take care of our friends, colleages, and family, someone we love and treating as best as we can. But in case of other strangers that do not dwell in as same as your society, such as, hotel maid, bus driver, supermarket cashier, etc.., we treat them as they are not human, as they are the robot, because of the materialism, the most powerful influence that makes us believe that money is God. We treat those people as robot, just because we think that they already got what they deserves called salary in every month. Thus, it’s alright to treat them like that.
Long time ago, I've heard one sentence from very famous DJ talking about her bad service experience from a waitress in the restaurant. After describing her bad manner, she concluded " May be.....the reason that woman is still a waitress and not being able to find the other better job, is because of her bad manner and her bad service...."
It really disappointed me for what she has said in the radio program, coz I used to appreciate her talent and Being waitress is not that bad if that person will love to do that job providing quality customer service. For me I still think that many people has been taught to look down on someone in the pay-less job. (Looking down means, bad attitude, treating them like they are our slave) ...
-------

According to the lecture from Retreat with Plum Village, Brother “Ocean Dharma” said there’s connection for the whole world and for the whole universe in every second, every part of our lives. When you die, what identified you does not just disappear, you still exist in the world. For body, your ashes are scattered at sea or burned to Carbon Monoxide. For your mind, your iden has been publised as the book left for next generation. Also, for your taught, it’s in your children. It exist in everyone that your have said to them since you were born, until you passed away. Not only the good thing from you, but also the bad thing you’ve done to anyone, for the one you love, and the one called stranger.

Let’s imagine ! that man above who you’ve scolded to him has cancer. An he is about going to commit suicide on that day, if you know that he is going to die that day,

Will you still do that to him ?
Will you dare to hurt his feeling ?
Will you change your mind or your decision ?

Any action happened in each step of the life will affect others inevitably. The effect will bounce like a ball that will never stop. Nature, hobbies, music, meal, your boyfriend’s bad mood, etc… It’s all in your life.

When eating, you might throw away something in the dish you don’t like, you don’t eat it just because you don’t like it. But do not forget that if there’s no that part, your meal will not be completed. For example, we might not be able to eat chicken or prawn if there’s no chicken bone or Prawn’s tail.


let’s start from today by treating “everyone” around us as if today is your last day on earth.



P.S I know there’s a lot of grammatical errors, but if you find any tell me please .....




Friday Night in Bangkok ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

เห็นด้วยนะ
บางทีเราก็ลืมไปว่าคนทุกคนก็มีเรื่องของตัวเอง
เราหงุดหงิด ก็ไม่ควรไปทำหงุดหงิดกับคนอื่น เพราะจริง ๆ แล้วเค้าอาจจะมีเรื่องใหญ่กว่าเรื่องของเราอยู่ในสมองอ่นะนะ ไม่ต้องกับคนไม่รู้จักหรอก บางทีกะเพื่อนหรือครอบครัวเราเองก็ลืมไปว่าเราควรจะทำตัวดีที่สุด

ไปละ คิดถึงนะ